Data Protection Act and GDPR
The Data Protection Act 1998 is being strengthened with the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulations coming into force in May 2018.
The National Painting and Decorating Show is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy in accord with the Act and the new regulations, for which purposes the data controller is the National Painting and Decorating Show, PDS Promotions td, Viewpoint House, 5 Mosslea Road, Whyteleafe, Surrey CR3 0DR.
Our statement of principles is as follows:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- People who’ve registered for our events will receive email communications about the event and other relevant events from The National Painting and Decorating show, such as your entry ticket, workshop confirmations and important announcements.
- PDS Promotions Ltd will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside PDS Promotions Ltd (Painting and Decorating News & The National Painting and Decorating Show. you have the option to unsubscribe from any of these email communications at any time.
- We also reserve our right to use your data to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our blogging products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
In order to register for and attend the National Painting and Decorating Show you are asked to provide basic personal information and contact details. In order to do this you will probably need to access our Website. Also, if you contact us separately we may keep a record of your correspondence. You should only submit to us or the Website information that is accurate and not misleading. You should keep that information up-to-date and let us know if any of that information changes by emailing us at email@example.com
By submitting your or anyone else’s data to us or the Website, you must ensure that you have full authority and consent to supply us with that data on their behalf and you confirm that this is the case.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
At the show you will be issued with a visitor badge which will identify you. If your badge has a bar code and you allow exhibitors to scan the badge, they will receive your contact details. If you do not want to give your contact details to an exhibitor then do not allow them to scan your badge at the event.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers downloaded on to a computer device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
The P&D Show uses a Session cookie to keep track of where you are in our website. This is deleted when you leave our site.
We also use Google Analytics to provide anonymised, aggregated data on how our website is used.
This information does not include any information which could identify an individual personally.
Please also see our Website Terms and Conditions.